Subject: bug#21073: closed (Re: bug#21073: SQLite database creation for binary tarball is non-deterministic)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 09:21:02 +0000

Your bug report

#21073: SQLite database creation for binary tarball is non-deterministic

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
21073: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=21073
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#21073: SQLite database creation for binary tarball is non-deterministic
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 11:19:52 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

[email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) skribis:

> When running ‘make guix-binary.x86_64-linux.tar.xz’ twice (and of course
> ‘guix gc -d /gnu/store/*-guix-tarball.tar.xz’ in the meantime), one can
> see that the ‘db.sqlite’ files in the tarballs have the same size but
> differ by a few bytes.

Fixed by commit eb9fe97495c012c989f76cb42a14cd78f9d94629 as part of the
patch series submitted at <https://bugs.gnu.org/31755>.

Yay for more reproducibility!

Ludo’.

Subject: SQLite database creation for binary tarball is non-deterministic
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 10:29:36 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When running ‘make guix-binary.x86_64-linux.tar.xz’ twice (and of course
‘guix gc -d /gnu/store/*-guix-tarball.tar.xz’ in the meantime), one can
see that the ‘db.sqlite’ files in the tarballs have the same size but
differ by a few bytes.

It’s not clear whether this is an issue inherent to SQLite3 or rather
something due to the way we create the database.

(<https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/11630> might give some
ideas.)

Ludo’.