Subject: Re: bug#21072: Brave new mark-defun (and a testing tool)

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 02:56:22 -0500

>>> Why?  It seems to me that it may be of general use.
>> If you want it to be general, it'll have to be better defined.
>> What is a "comment line"?
> A line containing only a comment (possibly after whitespace).

Is a line (using C syntax) like:

    /* blablabla

considered as a "comment line"?
What about the likely next line:

    blablabla */

?
How about

    blablabla

on a line between the previous two (i.e. within a comment)?

Regardless of the answer you give above, I'm wondering in which kind of
circumstance we'd want to test if we're on "a line containing only
a comment".

        Stefan