Subject: bug#2107 closed by Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> (Re: bug#2107: temp-file-name-pattern vs temporary-file-directory)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 18:25:03 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#2107: temp-file-name-pattern vs temporary-file-directory

It has been closed by Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
2107: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=2107
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#2107: temp-file-name-pattern vs temporary-file-directory
From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
To: "Roland Winkler" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 13:17:54 -0500

I've removed temp-file-name-pattern, and changed call-process-region to
use temporary-file-directory.

Subject: temp-file-name-pattern vs temporary-file-directory
From: "Roland Winkler" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 17:45:21 +0100

Recently I learned about the variable temp-file-name-pattern when
under odd circumstances I didn't have access to /tmp. I was
surprised that the default value of this variable was
/tmp/emacsXXXXXX, thus ignoring my setting of
temporary-file-directory. Shouldn't temp-file-name-pattern take into
account the value of temporary-file-directory?

In GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2008-03-27 on tfkp07
configured using `configure  '--with-gcc' '--with-x-toolkit=athena''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: en_GB.utf8
  value of $LANG: en_US.iso885915
  locale-coding-system: iso-8859-15
  default-enable-multibyte-characters: t