Subject: 24.5; flyspell-mode error

From: Rostyslav Skrypnyk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 15:33:41 +0200

Hi!

When I try 'M-x flyspell-mode RETURN', I get the following error:
"Error enabling Flyspell mode:
(ispell-set-spellchecker-params)"

Also, when I try 'M-x flyspell-region', I get
"flyspell-region: Symbol's function definition is void:
ispell-set-spellchecker-params"

Could you please help me getting flyspell mode work.

Best regards,

Rostyslav.

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS apple-appkit-1265.21)
of 2015-04-10 on builder10-9.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1347
Configured using:
`configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/site-lisp''

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Messages

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-column-enforce-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  global-linum-mode: t
  linum-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:

Error enabling Flyspell mode:
(ispell-set-spellchecker-params)
Mark set [2 times]
Making completion list...
flyspell-region: Symbol's function definition is void:
ispell-set-spellchecker-params
Buffer is read-only: #<buffer *Messages*>
Making completion list...
Library is file
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/textmodes/flyspell.elc
flyspell-word: Symbol's function definition is void:
ispell-set-spellchecker-params

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail pp flyspell ispell thingatpt
yasnippet preview prv-emacs tex-buf reftex-dcr reftex-auc reftex
reftex-vars noutline outline font-latex tex-mode shell pcomplete
latexenc dired misearch multi-isearch mule-util mm-archive message
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-utils network-stream starttls url-http tls
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw url-cache url-auth
url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source eieio
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv eieio-core gnus-util
mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars finder-inf flycheck find-func
help-mode rx subr-x dash flymake compile comint ansi-color ring
column-enforce-mode cl auto-complete-auctex latex easy-mmode tex-style
tex crm advice help-fns auto-complete-config ac-math auto-complete
edmacro kmacro cl-macs gv popup cl-loaddefs cl-lib math-symbol-lists
tex-site info easymenu package epg-config deeper-blue-theme linum
cus-start cus-load time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process cocoa ns
multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 269881 65940)
(symbols 48 33488 0)
(miscs 40 508 493)
(strings 32 80578 24326)
(string-bytes 1 1853845)
(vectors 16 32248)
(vector-slots 8 1348208 166060)
(floats 8 155 321)
(intervals 56 1401 997)
(buffers 960 20))