Subject: Re: bug#21039: shell-command - bug and workaround.

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 21:08:13 +0300

> From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 14:03:03 -0400
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> "73budden ." wrote:
> 
> >   Please allow me to refer to my bug report I posted to SBCL bug database:
> >
> > https://bugs.launchpad.net/sbcl/+bug/1470500
> 
> Please make your bug reports self-contained.
> Please give us a minimal example starting from emacs -Q that show what
> the issue is. Thanks.

FWIW, I've read that SBCL bug report, and it involves 2 pieces of
software none of which are part of Emacs -- the SBCL binary and SLIME.
It could well be due to a bug in either one of these, or both, not in
Emacs.  Someone who responded to the bug report claimed that they see
the same problem in Emacs without SLIME and SBCL, but provided no
details.

So I guess we'd like to see a similar problem that involves neither
SBCL nor SLIME, and we'd like a recipe for that starting with "emacs -Q",
indeed.

TIA