Subject: Re: bug#21025: tabulated-list.el: It should preserve header line set by derived modes. (Encl. a suggested PATCH)

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 20:43:20 +1100

Vaidheeswaran C <[email-masked]> writes:

> 3. Note that there is no header line when I explicitly request that I
>    need a header line @ lines 25, 26 in font-family.el
>
>       (setq tabulated-list-use-header-line nil)
>       (setq header-line-format "Font families")

[...]

>      (if tabulated-list-use-header-line
>  	(setq header-line-format cols)
> -      (setq header-line-format nil)

I'm not very familiar with tabulated lists, but this seems like it's
fixing the problem you're seeing...

> -      (overlay-put tabulated-list--header-overlay 'face 'underline))))
> +      (overlay-put tabulated-list--header-overlay
> +                   'face '(:overline t :underline t :weight bold)))))

This might be more controversial, though.  I think it looks nice, but
some people don't like so many lines.  Perhaps it should be a defface,
so that people can change this themselves?  The default could be what
you're describing, though.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no