Subject: bug#21023: [bug-diffutils] bug#21023: --no-dereference

From: Rodrigo Valiña Gutiérrez <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 22:04:06 +0200

On 8/31/15, Jim Meyering <[email-masked]> wrote:
> tags 21023 notabug
> thanks
>
> On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 9:59 AM, Rodrigo Valiña Gutiérrez
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> --no-dereference appears in 'diff --help' and 'info diffutils', but
>> not in 'man diff'.
>
> Thanks for the report, but that is unlikely to be a problem with this
> upstream diffutils package, since the man page (diff.1) is
> automatically generated from the output of diff --help, and the build
> machinery to do that has been in place for over a decade. I would
> suspect whatever installed your diff man pages or the configuration of
> your "man(1)" program -- maybe it is searching in the wrong place.

Thanks for the reply.
I downloaded diffutils-3.3.tar.xz and in diffutils-3.3/man/diff.1 does
not appear the --no-dereference option. I don't know whether it is
re-generated at compile or install time... but at the moment that file
does not have the said option.