Subject: bug#21021: 24.5; ispell.el problem

From: Rostyslav Skrypnyk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 22:29:31 +0200

Greetings!

When I type 'M-x ispell-buffer RETURN' I get the following output:
"Searching for program: no such file or directory, ispell".

I tried to google my way out of it, but did not find anything
helpfull. I tried to reinstall 'ispell.el' by searching where it belongs
with 'M-x locate-library RETURN ispell', and getting "Library is file
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/textmodes/ispell.elc". I
downloaded a new 'ispell.el' from
//kdstevens.com/~stevens/ispell-page.html#download , placed it together
with existing .elc and recompiled directory with
'(byte-recompile-directory
"/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/textmodes/")'. It did
not do the trick.

Could you please help me out?

With best regards,

Rostyslav.

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS apple-appkit-1265.21)
of 2015-04-10 on builder10-9.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1347
Configured using:
`configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/site-lisp''

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  global-column-enforce-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  global-linum-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Loading linum...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils flycheck find-func help-mode rx subr-x dash
flymake compile comint ansi-color ring column-enforce-mode cl
auto-complete-auctex latex easy-mmode tex-style tex crm advice help-fns
auto-complete-config ac-math auto-complete edmacro kmacro cl-macs gv
popup cl-loaddefs cl-lib math-symbol-lists tex-site info easymenu
package epg-config deeper-blue-theme linum cus-start cus-load time-date
tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp
files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
cocoa ns multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 207669 5305)
(symbols 48 27821 0)
(miscs 40 83 115)
(strings 32 60818 10637)
(string-bytes 1 1258293)
(vectors 16 19404)
(vector-slots 8 470681 4316)
(floats 8 99 26)
(intervals 56 220 4)
(buffers 960 12))