Subject: bug#21016: 24.5; Can't see top of buffer if set-face-attribute's :height too big

From: Tayssir John Gabbour <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 11:39:31 +0200

- Start from: /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs --no-init-file
- Switch to *scratch*
- Eval: (set-face-attribute 'default nil :family "Monaco" :height 180)
-   May need a bigger :height, depending on your screen size.
- Then try to scroll to the top of your buffer. I can't see it.

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS apple-appkit-1265.21)
 of 2015-04-10 on builder10-9.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1265
Configured using:
 `configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/site-lisp''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Mark set
nil

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date tooltip electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
cocoa ns multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 72091 3946)
 (symbols 48 17211 0)
 (miscs 40 85 141)
 (strings 32 9761 4406)
 (string-bytes 1 260008)
 (vectors 16 9009)
 (vector-slots 8 375742 19352)
 (floats 8 53 154)
 (intervals 56 227 0)
 (buffers 960 12))