Subject: 25.0.50; Shell is now displayed in another window, what about EShell?

From: Mark Karpov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2015 19:44:29 +0600

>From Emacs 25 NEWS:

> ** Shell
> 
> When you invoke `shell' interactively, the *shell* buffer will now
> display in a new window. <…>

I would say rather in other window (new is created if needed). Good. I
like this behavior because I still can see buffer that was active before
invocation of shell, but I usually use Emacs shell, not simple
shell. Can we have the same defaults for Emacs shell too? For the sake
of consistency, at least…

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.14 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.16.4)
 of 2015-07-06 on arch
Repository revision: 8c81ac97fdd0d1dff7256dace45bdd48324a0963
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11702000
Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: iε

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  hl-todo-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  whitespace-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  ido-vertical-mode: t
  ido-ubiquitous-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-aggressive-indent-mode: t
  aggressive-indent-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  ace-popup-menu-mode: t
  smartparens-global-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-fill-mode: 1

Recent messages:
Note: file is write protected
View mode: type C-h for help, h for commands, q to quit.
Quit
Type "q" in help window to restore its previous buffer, C-M-v to scroll help.
Mark set
Quit [2 times]
Type "q" in help window to restore its previous buffer.
Truncate long lines enabled
Grep finished with no matches found
Quit

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug vc vc-dispatcher vc-git diff-mode find-dired grep
eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe misearch multi-isearch view
mailalias smtpmail sendmail qp ace-window sort gnus-cite smiley
shr-color color url-util url-parse url-vars shr dom mm-archive mail-extr
gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml disp-table nndraft nnmh nnfolder utf-7
epa-file epa derived epg gnutls network-stream nsm auth-source starttls
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime password-cache dig mailcap nntp
gnus-cache gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap
nnmail mail-source tls utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util
mail-utils mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr wid-edit hl-line
rainbow-delimiters hl-todo flycheck-haskell haskell-cabal haskell-utils
flycheck find-func rx subr-x flyspell ispell whitespace mk-visual
solarized-dark-theme solarized mk-texinfo mk-tex mk-scheme mk-python
mk-prolog mk-org mk-markdown mk-man mk-magit mk-lisp slime-fancy
slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-compiler-notes-tree slime-scratch slime-presentations bridge
slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-repl slime-parse slime
compile etags xref eieio eieio-core arc-mode archive-mode noutline
outline pp comint ansi-color ring hyperspec browse-url slime-autoloads
mk-ibuffer mk-haskell mk-gnus mk-eshell mk-erc mk-elisp mk-dired dired-x
dired mk-diff mk-clojure mk-calendar mk-c mk-bookmark mk-minor-modes
common-lisp-snippets yasnippet help-mode cl whole-line-or-region paren
minibuf-eldef ido-vertical-mode ido-ubiquitous ido-completing-read+ ido
autorevert filenotify cl-seq aggressive-indent time delsel
ace-popup-menu cl-macs gv easy-mmode smartparens-config smartparens
byte-opt thingatpt mk-global edmacro kmacro ace-link avy mk-utils f dash
s ucs-normalize mk-abbrev misc server finder-inf tex-site fix-word
advice info easymenu bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra seq cl-loaddefs
pcase cl-lib cconv package epg-config time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 480818 64245)
 (symbols 48 46176 0)
 (miscs 40 1649 826)
 (strings 32 100030 70904)
 (string-bytes 1 2903975)
 (vectors 16 70818)
 (vector-slots 8 1912223 247756)
 (floats 8 737 1006)
 (intervals 56 893 173)
 (buffers 976 24)
 (heap 1024 77317 7392))