Subject: bug#21003: closed (24.5; IPython Inferior unicode issue)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 01:53:03 +0000

Your bug report

#21003: 24.5; IPython Inferior unicode issue

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
21003: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=21003
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: 24.5; IPython Inferior unicode issue
From: [email-masked] (Fabián Ezequiel Gallina)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 22:52:09 -0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This is not a python.el bug but rather an IPython one, please see:
http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/ipython-dev/2014-July/014498.html

--
Cheers,
Fabián.

Subject: 24.5; IPython Inferior unicode issue
From: Semio <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2015 22:44:17 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

1. open a .py file or enable python mode
2. run the interactive shell with ```M-x python-shell-switch-to-shell```
3. use ipython(/usr/local/bin/ipython -i) for the inferior python.
4. in the inferior python buffer, eval a string contains unicode chars,
for example:

> In [19]: u'测试' # Chinese char
> Out[20]: u'\ufffd\ufffd\ufffd\ufffd\ufffd\ufffd'=20

> In [21]: test = u'再次测试'
> In [25]: test
> Out[26]: u'\ufffd\ufffd\ufffd\ufffd\ufffd\ufffd\ufffd\ufffd\ufffd\ufffd\u=
fffd\ufffd'

No matter what the string is, the output will be a list of '\ufffd',
which is wrong.

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.4.0, NS apple-appkit-1265.21)
 of 2015-04-11 on builder10-9.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1348
Configured using:
 `configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
 Support/Emacs/site-lisp''

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Inferior Python

Minor modes in effect:
  company-mode: t
  clean-aindent-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  helm-descbinds-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  compilation-shell-minor-mode: t
  projectile-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  window-numbering-mode: t
  volatile-highlights-mode: t
  global-vi-tilde-fringe-mode: t
  vi-tilde-fringe-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  global-page-break-lines-mode: t
  ido-vertical-mode: t
  guide-key-mode: t
  popwin-mode: t
  flx-ido-mode: t
  global-fasd-mode: t
  global-evil-surround-mode: t
  evil-surround-mode: t
  global-evil-search-highlight-persist: t
  evil-search-highlight-persist: t
  show-smartparens-global-mode: t
  show-smartparens-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  evil-jumper-mode: t
  evil-escape-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  eval-sexp-fu-flash-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  evil-leader-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
[yas] Prepared just-in-time loading for ~/.emacs.d/snippets
[yas] Reloaded everything (snippets will load just-in-time)....
Blocking call to accept-process-output with quit inhibited!! [3 times]
Make dedicated process? (y or n) y
Making python-shell-interpreter local to *Python[/Users/semio/src/quant/scrapy/cnstockdata/build.py]* while let-bound!
Making python-shell-interpreter-args local to *Python[/Users/semio/src/quant/scrapy/cnstockdata/build.py]* while let-bound!
Sent python-shell-completion-setup-code
Sent python-ffap-setup-code
Sent python-eldoc-setup-code
ad-handle-definition: `eval-defun' got redefined

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils helm-command helm-elisp
helm-eval edebug company-capf align tabify face-remap evil-iedit-state
iedit iedit-lib company-files company-keywords company-etags
company-gtags company-template company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev
company-anaconda company anaconda-mode f json-rpc eldoc flycheck hi-lock
hideshow goto-addr auto-highlight-symbol clean-aindent-mode
highlight-numbers parent-mode rainbow-delimiters rainbow-identifiers
yasnippet help-mode smartparens-python python json helm-descbinds
helm-mode helm-files image-dired tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs
trampver shell pcomplete format-spec dired-x dired-aux ffap helm-buffers
helm-elscreen helm-tags helm-bookmark helm-adaptive helm-info bookmark
helm-locate helm-help helm-match-plugin helm-grep helm-regexp
helm-plugin grep helm-external helm-net browse-url xml url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util url-parse auth-source gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr
password-cache url-vars mailcap helm-utils dired compile helm
helm-source eieio eieio-core flyspell ispell projectile ibuf-ext ibuffer
recentf tree-widget disp-table server solarized py-yapf window-numbering
etags volatile-highlights vi-tilde-fringe undo-tree diff toc-org ert
find-func ewoc debug smooth-scrolling smartparens-config powerline
powerline-separators color powerline-themes page-break-lines
ido-vertical-mode guide-key-tip pos-tip guide-key s ucs-normalize popwin
flx-ido flx fasd grizzl exec-path-from-shell evil-surround
evil-search-highlight-persist evil-numbers evil-lisp-state smartparens
evil-jumper evil-indent-textobject evil-exchange evil-escape evil-args
evil-anzu anzu mule-util warnings info eval-sexp-fu rx highlight
frame-fns avoid diminish adaptive-wrap evil-evilified-state finder-inf
ielm easymenu pp comint ansi-color savehist saveplace hl-line xt-mouse
winner autorevert filenotify ido evil-leader evil evil-integration
evil-maps evil-commands evil-command-window evil-types evil-search
evil-ex evil-macros evil-repeat evil-states evil-core byte-opt
evil-common windmove thingatpt rect evil-digraphs evil-vars ring
use-package bytecomp byte-compile cconv bind-key easy-mmode dash
cl-extra vc-git wid-edit leuven-theme core-configuration-layer
core-dotspacemacs package epg-config ht cl-macs cl gv core-spacemacs
derived edmacro kmacro cl-loaddefs cl-lib core-use-package-ext
core-evilify-keymap core-micro-state corelv core-toggle
core-fonts-support pcase core-spacemacs-buffer core-funcs
core-themes-support advice help-fns core-auto-completion
core-release-management core-emacs-backports subr-x time-date tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
cocoa ns multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 671203 236755)
 (symbols 48 49169 96)
 (miscs 40 323 772)
 (strings 32 101305 99668)
 (string-bytes 1 3002714)
 (vectors 16 63389)
 (vector-slots 8 1118596 90209)
 (floats 8 651 1441)
 (intervals 56 3426 98)
 (buffers 960 21))