Subject: 24.5; start iconified in Windows disfunctional

From: Jurzitza Dieter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 04:37:28 +0000

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 24.5; start iconified in Windows disfunctional
--text follows this line--
When starting emacs in Windows (Win 7) with parameter "-iconic" or with icon configuration saying start iconic, it always runs foreground.
Doing the same in linux does never cause similar issues. It would be very kind if someone could take a look why this happens.
Thank you very much,
take care

Dieter Jurzitza

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2015-04-12 on KAEL
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/z/emacs --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32
 --target=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --build=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --with-wide-int
 --with-jpeg --with-xpm --with-png --with-tiff --with-rsvg --with-xml2
 --with-gnutls --with-sound=yes --with-file-notification=yes
 --without-dbus --without-imagemagick 'CFLAGS=-Ofast
 -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops -g0 -pipe' 'LDFLAGS=-static-libgcc
 -static-libstdc++ -static -s -Wl,-s''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: DEU
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  cua-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Loading delsel...done
Loading paren...done
Error setting ispell-dictionary-alist: (void-variable ispell-dictionary-alist-1)
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Loading `gnuserv-compat': old-style backquotes detected!

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr warnings emacsbug message format-spec
rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils gnuserv-compat gnuserv devices
cl-macs advice help-fns cl gv compile comint ansi-color ring cua-base
ido edmacro kmacro cl-loaddefs cl-lib paren delsel cus-start cus-load
time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win w32-vars
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
w32notify w32 multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 100670 6535)
 (symbols 56 20549 0)
 (miscs 48 87 107)
 (strings 32 17994 4698)
 (string-bytes 1 499528)
 (vectors 16 11459)
 (vector-slots 8 395314 5969)
 (floats 8 74 51)
 (intervals 56 280 38)
 (buffers 960 13))