Subject: Re: bug#20981: BUG ABOUT XZ AND RZ COMMAND IN VMWARE UBUNTU

From: Bob Proulx <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2015 15:54:26 -0600

close 20981
thanks

Shubham Mishra wrote:
> when i tries to execute xz and rz commands on ubuntu 14 in my vmware they
> are not working properly.
> please resolve the error

You are reporting a bug in xz and rz however we are not the
maintainers of that software.  We can't help you.  Nothing to do with
us here.  Please report the problem to your Ubuntu distribution
maintainers.  Here is a link to more information.

  https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs

Unfortunately your bug report, while appreciated, contains no useful
information.  In order to be useful a bug report must say what you did
and what you expected.  What did you do?  Cut and paste it verbatim.
What did you expect?  Often times the problem is expectation and
misunderstanding the problem.  However don't tell us, we are not xz
nor rz folks.  Nothing we can do.  Tell Ubuntu instead.

The xz and rz programs are completely unrelated.  It is very unlikely
that you are having a problem with both of them.  Very likely you have
confused one wiith the other.  xz is a compression program.  rz is a
file transfer program.

Bob