Subject: bug#20978: 25.0.50; [PATCH 0/7] Emacs can return too fast when reading from any processes

From: Ian Kelling <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2015 06:13:37 -0700

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> I don't know how others feel, but I personally would prefer that
> patches not be split between different messages, as that makes it
> harder to grasp and apply.  Especially since some (most) of them
> belong to the same changeset.

That was my first intuition too. I hadn't submitted a set of patches
before to emacs and I couldn't find any documentation on it, except git
format-patch docs seems to assume you would always use separate
messages. Say the word and I will send one more message which is all of
them together.

> And refactoring should IMO be together
> with the actual changes.
>

Imo, it depends.

>> I was careful to not squash unrelated changes as the function is rather
>> complicated and I could have saved a fair amount of time if there
>> weren't unrelated changes in the patch that introduced this bug.
>
> Unrelated is in the eyes of the beholder.  We all have our different
> views on that.

Agreed.