Subject: bug#20969: f90-indent-subprogram indents incorrectly when the buffer includes type, extend(...)

From: Zach Jibben <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 16:36:24 -0600

From: Zach Jibben <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 24.5; f90-indent-subprogram indents incorrectly when the buffer
includes type, extend(...)
--text follows this line--

When indenting an entire f90 buffer that contains an extended type, the
indentation comes out incorrectly. Steps to reproduce:

1. Start Emacs with `emacs -Q'
2. Enter a program. A simple example:
program example

  type :: e1
     real :: a
  end type e1

  type, extends(e1) :: e2
     real :: b
  end type e2

end program
3. Automatically indent, either with C-M-q or C-x h C-M-\. The result
is:
program example

  type :: e1
     real :: a
  end type e1

  type, extends(e1) :: e2
  real :: b
end type e2

end program

f90-indent-subprogram should not have changed anything from the input in
this case. Indenting with tabs, manually, line-by-line, works correctly.

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.12)
 of 2015-05-07 on buildvm-08.phx2.fedoraproject.org
Windowing system distributor `Fedora Project', version 11.0.11603000
System Description:    Fedora release 21 (Twenty One)

Configured using:
 `configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix=
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr
 --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc
 --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-dbus --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png
 --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xft --with-xpm --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-gpm=no build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
 host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -g
 -pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 -fexceptions -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4
 -grecord-gcc-switches -m64 -mtune=generic' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro ''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: F90

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Mark set [2 times]
Indenting program example...
END type does not match program.
Indenting program example...done
Making completion list...

Auto-saving...
Mark set
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(vc-dispatcher vc-svn f90 cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit
cl-loaddefs cl-lib pp shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils help-mode easymenu
time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 97280 16204)
 (symbols 48 19736 0)
 (miscs 40 82 439)
 (strings 32 15108 5600)
 (string-bytes 1 428069)
 (vectors 16 11237)
 (vector-slots 8 404101 10431)
 (floats 8 77 461)
 (intervals 56 696 238)
 (buffers 960 16)
 (heap 1024 37362 1031))