Subject: Re: bug#20968: 25.0.50; Be able to specify the output directory for `byte-compile-file'

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2015 18:18:15 +0300

> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2015 17:54:07 +0300
> 
> On 07/05/2015 05:35 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> 
> > To get a question answered, they must first ask it, exactly like they
> > would on gnu.emacs.help.
> 
> In all likelihood, someone has asked their question before.

That's not the use case I was talking about.  Looking up questions
already asked means using a search engine, which will find the answers
wherever they are, be it on gnu.emacs.help of stack-overflow.

I was talking about someone who wants to ask a question never
asked/answered before.

> > All our mailing lists are indexed by Google, exactly like stack-foo.
> 
> The strong points of stack-foo that I've mentioned in parentheses, make 
> a big difference.

I don't see it.

> > It sounds like we don't want to, or have given up in advance.  In that
> > case, the result is known up front.
> 
> Personally, I don't want to.

Yes, it's very clear.  Then I don't have any hope of convincing you.