Subject: Re: bug#20968: 25.0.50; Be able to specify the output directory for `byte-compile-file'

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2015 15:22:36 +0300

> Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 16:51:04 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
> 
> I don't necessarily disagree with the first part.  I won't be
> using this feature myself, in any case.

Who will?

> Anyway, I won't argue strongly for this, but I also don't (yet)
> see it as something undesirable or unsurmountable.

What would be the reason for providing such a feature?  (Yes, I've
read that discussion; no, I don't see why the user wanted this.)

If you dwell a lot on those sites, how about encouraging people to use
the Emacs forums, where they will get definitive answers, instead of
talking to random people (present company excluded) on Stack-foo?  I
cannot for the life of me figure out why these sites are so popular,
given that Emacs has such a helpful community and such a good
documentation.  Fashion and bad habits are the only explanations I
came up with.