Subject: bug#20964: wrong type argument stringp on sending with GCC

From: [email-masked] (Vitalie Spinu)
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 16:51:29 +0200

I have the following in gnus-parameters

  (gcc-self "nnfolder+archive:sent" "nnimap+vspinu:ipsoft/[Gmail]/Sent Mail")

While sending a reply through a mail I am getting the following on regular
basis:
    
    Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
      string-match("^[^:]+:" nil)
      nnimap-retrieve-group-data-early("vspinu" (nil))
      nnimap-request-group("ipsoft/[Gmail]/Sent Mail" "vspinu" t nil)
      gnus-request-group("nnimap+vspinu:ipsoft/[Gmail]/Sent Mail" t "nnimap:vspinu")
      gnus-inews-do-gcc()
      gnus-agent-possibly-do-gcc()
      run-hooks(message-sent-hook)
      message-send(nil)
      message-send-and-exit(nil)
      funcall-interactively(message-send-and-exit nil)
      #<subr call-interactively>(message-send-and-exit nil nil)
      ad-Advice-call-interactively(#<subr call-interactively> message-send-and-exit nil nil)
      apply(ad-Advice-call-interactively #<subr call-interactively> (message-send-and-exit nil nil))
      call-interactively(message-send-and-exit nil nil)
      command-execute(message-send-and-exit)

The message is actually sent but GCC is not populated. If I re-sent the message
from the same buffer, the error does not occur for the second time.

  Vitalie

Gnus v5.13
GNU Emacs 25.0.50.3 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.12.2) of 2015-05-27