Subject: bug#2096: 23.0.60; po-mode duplicates header

From: Sven Joachim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 19:40:38 +0100

Am 29.01.2009 um 23:23 schrieb Torsten Bronger:

> Well, I played around a bit twice today, and honestly I don't
> understand the rules when po-mode wants to update the buffer.
> Changing "PO-Revision-Date" seems to trigger it but not always.  You
> probably know the rules much better than me.

Not really, I'm not a po expert either.

> I *suspect* that everytime my desktop was restored, the PO buffer
> was immediately updated and thus changed.  When I quit Emacs, I got
> the message about an unsaved buffer.

Yes, that is certainly the case.  Loading the desktop restores major
modes, thus runs po-mode => po-check-file-header inserts another
header.

> Anyway, if a solution of the "header duplication" issue highly
> probably also solves any other superfluous update of the PO buffer
> -- which would render the buffer changed -- then please close the
> ticket.

I have already reassigned it to `notemacs' since it's in po-mode.el (and
already fixed in gettext CVS).

Cheers,
       Sven