Subject: Re: bug#2096: 23.0.60; po-mode duplicates header

From: Torsten Bronger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 23:23:56 +0100

Hallöchen!

Sven Joachim writes:

> Am 28.01.2009 um 21:01 schrieb Torsten Bronger:
>
> [...]
>
>> Then I re-start Emacs (I save my desktop to a file, so every
>> buffer is restored), and the po header is not duplicated.
>
> Huh?

Well, I played around a bit twice today, and honestly I don't
understand the rules when po-mode wants to update the buffer.
Changing "PO-Revision-Date" seems to trigger it but not always.  You
probably know the rules much better than me.

I *suspect* that everytime my desktop was restored, the PO buffer
was immediately updated and thus changed.  When I quit Emacs, I got
the message about an unsaved buffer.

Anyway, if a solution of the "header duplication" issue highly
probably also solves any other superfluous update of the PO buffer
-- which would render the buffer changed -- then please close the
ticket.

Thank you!

Tschö,
Torsten.

-- 
Torsten Bronger, aquisgrana, europa vetus
                   Jabber ID: [email-masked]