Subject: Re: bug#2096: 23.0.60; po-mode duplicates header

From: Torsten Bronger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 21:01:51 +0100

Hallöchen!

Sven Joachim writes:

> Am 28.01.2009 um 18:35 schrieb Torsten Bronger:
>
>> [...]
>>
>> This is true for the header duplication, however, the *silent*
>> modification of the po file in the background (i.e., without
>> explicitly reverting or opening the file) happens in CVS Emacs
>> since two weeks ago or so.
>
> What do you mean with that?

I visit the file, and close Emacs.  Then I re-start Emacs (I save my
desktop to a file, so every buffer is restored), and the po header
is not duplicated.  I keep it visited but work on completely
different files all day long.  Then I quit Emacs and it complains
that there are unsaved modifications in the po file (namely, the
header duplication).  The po file hasn't been touched by a
third-party program meanwhile.

I can't really preclude that something in my setup has changed, but
it looks to me as if Emacs has changed recently.

Tschö,
Torsten.

-- 
Torsten Bronger, aquisgrana, europa vetus
                   Jabber ID: [email-masked]