Subject: bug#20943: 25.0.50; Dired buffers are not always auto-reverterd

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2015 16:43:55 +0300

> From: Mark Karpov <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2015 19:02:19 +0600
> 
> Now I understand! What seemed to be random behavior is not that
> random. Obviously, ‘buffer-modified-p’ returns t if user previously
> modified directory, for example, if he deleted some files (I deleted
> some files before invocations of my script).

Did you delete them from Dired, or did you delete them "by other
means"?

> Thus, ‘auto-revert-handle’ thinks that buffer is modified that it
> doesn't revert it. Now, this is good behavior for normal file
> buffers, but is it good enough for Dired buffers too? If I edited a
> Dired buffer, want it to stay in sync anyway. What do you think?

It seems we should disable that test for directories.  I suggest to
wait for a few days to let others come up with objections, and if none
do, make that change.

Meanwhile, I suggest that you make this change on your system, and see
if that has any adverse effects.

Thanks.