Subject: Fwd: installation of automake, autoconf, m4 error

From: Krishnan Rajiyah <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 14:37:23 +0000

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Krishnan Rajiyah <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 10:40 AM
Subject: installation of automake, autoconf, m4 error
To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>

Hello GNU,

I have been trying to install automake, autoconf, and m4 on my
NetBSD-4.0.1-x68k system. As I understand from your website, automake
requires autoconf which requires m4 which requires perl. I havent installed
perl yet, because I am getting errors saying that it cant make built-in
(still trying to find a way around this).

However, the problem I had with m4 make was not with perl, it said that
automake-1.14 was missing from the system. This does not make sense since
that would mean that there would be a cycle in the dependency tree.

I am trying to install the latest version of autoconf (2012 release), the
latest version of m4 (2013 release), and the second latest verison of
automake (2013 release).

Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong? Is your software even
compatible with a NetBSD-4.0.1-x68k system?

Thanks,
Krishnan Rajiyah