Subject: bug#20939: make check fails AIX

From: Pete Lancashire <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 07:32:08 -0700

Make completes w/o warnings or errors

Make check fails

make[4]: 'test-errno' is up to date.
make[4]: 'test-exclude' is up to date.
  CC       test-fcntl-h.o
"test-fcntl-h.c", line 73.10: 1506-052 (S) Duplicate case label for value
0. Labels must be unique.
"test-fcntl-h.c", line 106.10: 1506-052 (S) Duplicate case label for value
0. Labels must be unique.
Makefile:2409: recipe for target 'test-fcntl-h.o' failed
make[4]: *** [test-fcntl-h.o] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory
'/home/buildsw/packages/gnu/diffutils-3.2/gnulib-tests'
Makefile:3003: recipe for target 'check-am' failed
make[3]: *** [check-am] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory
'/home/buildsw/packages/gnu/diffutils-3.2/gnulib-tests'
Makefile:2428: recipe for target 'check-recursive' failed
make[2]: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
'/home/buildsw/packages/gnu/diffutils-3.2/gnulib-tests'
Makefile:3006: recipe for target 'check' failed
make[1]: *** [check] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
'/home/buildsw/packages/gnu/diffutils-3.2/gnulib-tests'
Makefile:1071: recipe for target 'check-recursive' failed

Attached: output of configure and make and config.log, environment all with
.out extension

oslevel -s  7100-03-05-1524

xlc is 12.1.0.3

CFLAGS cut back to not attempt optimization

compiler run as xlc_r

"Invokes the compiler for C source files. This command supports all of the
ISO C99 standard features, and most IBM language extensions. This
invocation is recommended for all applications."

reference:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSGH2K_12.1.0/com.ibm.xlc121.aix.doc/compiler_ref/tucmpinv.html?lang=en

PATH
 /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/ucb:/home/buildsw/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/sbin:.:/usr/vac/bin:/usr/vacpp/bin

OBJECT_MODE   64

CC       xlc_r
CFLAGS   -qmaxmem=-1 -DSYSV -D_AIX -D_AIX71 -D_ALL_SOURCE -DFUNCPROTO=15
-I/usr/local/include
LDFLAGS  -L/usr/local/lib64 -L/usr/local/lib -bmaxdata:0x80000000 -brtl
LIBS
CPPFLAGS
CXX      xlc++_r
CXXFLAGS -I/usr/local/include