Subject: bug#2092: 23.0.60; vc-svn-diff

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 14:42:52 -0500

> OK, I've looked through the archives.  I find it odd because:

> 1) I think that svn should be able to work out whether it can handle a
>    request locally (a bug in svn?).

Agreed.

> 2) If you do "C-x v =" there is no problem.

Yes, in that case OLDVERS is nil.

> 3) I can only see a problem with "C-u C-x v =" with the default values which
>    is eqivalent to 2).

Indeed.  Basically, `svn diff foo' works locally, whereas `svn diff -r
REV foo' never works locally, even if VERS is the current working
revision (in which case the result should be identical to `svn diff
foo').  It's arguably a misfeature of `svn'.

> So it looks very much like a corner case.

It is.

> Anyway I've done as you say.

Thank you.

        Stefan