Subject: bug#20915: 25.0.50; [js-mode] electric annoyances

From: Rasmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 16:50:23 +0200

Hi,

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Electric layout doesn't always quite work to my liking in js-mode.
>
> The "Emacsy" solution to that is to allow users to define the style
> she likes.  That way, what you like and what I like doesn't have to be
> put into the same procrustean framework.
>
> Since js-mode already supports styles, why wouldn't it be possible to
> solve this problem in the framework of the styles?
>
> (Apologies if what I say makes no sense: I don't use js-mode.)

It is possible, I think, you can e.g. remove the active electricity chars.
I'm talking about the default here...

Something like js-default-style (like in cc) would perhaps be nice.  I
don't know what it would take to adapt such a scheme or how involved it is
to add styles.

Rasmus

-- 
If you can mix business and politics wonderful things can happen!