Subject: bug#20907: [PATCH] Manual bug for scm_gc_protect_object

From: Mike Gran <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 23:00:32 +0000 (UTC)

Manual claims C globals weren't scanned by GC in 1.8.  The opposite
is true.

* doc/ref/api-memory.texi [scm_gc_protect_object]: modified
---
doc/ref/api-memory.texi | 2 +-
1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/doc/ref/api-memory.texi b/doc/ref/api-memory.texi
index 0e37d16..3496cc5 100644
--- a/doc/ref/api-memory.texi
+++ b/doc/ref/api-memory.texi
@@ -42,7 +42,7 @@ as it was protected. It is an error to unprotect an object more times
than it has been protected. Returns the SCM object it was passed.

Note that storing @var{obj} in a C global variable has the same
-effect@footnote{In Guile up to version 1.8, C global variables were not
+effect@footnote{In Guile up to version 1.8, C global variables were
scanned by the garbage collector; hence, @code{scm_gc_protect_object}
was the only way in C to prevent a Scheme object from being freed.}.
@end deftypefn
--
2.1.0