Subject: bug#20906: closed (Re: bug#20906: 25.0.50;)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 08:40:03 +0000

Your bug report

#20906: 25.0.50; Pasting unicode from external applications with mouse wheel on Unix

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
20906: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=20906
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#20906: 25.0.50;
From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
To: Mike FABIAN <[email-masked]>
Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 10:39:45 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Mike FABIAN <[email-masked]> writes:

> This patch according to Andreas’ suggestion does indeed seem to
> fix it for me (pasting now always works, from firefox, gtk, xterm, ...):
>
>>>From 615bf7c7969e79cbdb5a3890ceaed94c84f2111c Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Mike FABIAN <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 15:45:32 +0200
> Subject: [PATCH 1/2] In gui-get-primary-selection use
>  gui--selection-value-internal (Bug#20906)

Installed on master.

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE  1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
"And now for something completely different."

Subject: 25.0.50; Pasting unicode from external applications with mouse wheel on Unix
From: Boris Kheyfets <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 23:35:28 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

1. On unix-like OS visit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Erdős in firefox
2. Copy its link
3. Paste it with mouse wheel. Result: Paul_Erd\u0151s
4. Paste it with M-x clipboard-yank. Result: Paul_Erdős

The bug is confirmed by independent user here:
http://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/13472/pasting-unicode-from-external-applications-with-mouse-wheel-on-unix?noredirect=1#comment20167_13472

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.8)
 of 2015-05-19 on lcy01-07
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11501000
System Description:    Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS

Configured using:
 `configure --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 '--includedir=${prefix}/include' '--mandir=${prefix}/share/man'
 '--infodir=${prefix}/share/info' --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
 '--libdir=${prefix}/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu'
 '--libexecdir=${prefix}/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' --disable-maintainer-mode
 --disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --program-suffix=-snapshot --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat
 -Werror=format-security' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Text

Minor modes in effect:
  csv-field-index-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  tabbar-mwheel-mode: t
  tabbar-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  cua-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-subword-mode: t
  subword-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  global-whitespace-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent messages:
Mark set [2 times]
Undo!
Mark set [2 times]
next-line: End of buffer
Mark set [2 times]
Undo!
Mark set [3 times]
Buffer new<6> modified; Do you want to save? (y or n) n
mwheel-scroll: Beginning of buffer [4 times]
Mark set [3 times]

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/rst hides
/usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/textmodes/rst
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell hides
/usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/textmodes/ispell
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell hides
/usr/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/textmodes/flyspell

Features:
(shadow mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils winner csv-mode sort
jka-compr eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe find-func misearch
multi-isearch vc vc-dispatcher markdown-mode noutline outline server
vc-git diff-mode bk-misis-minor-mode bk-canvas-minor-mode
bk-pentadactyl-mode lib-gnrl rect lib-bk-TeX latex tex-style tex dbus
crm lib-bk-rst rst lib-bk-py python-mode derived info-look flymake cl
cc-cmds cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs lib-bk-org lib-bk-math two-column
lib-bk-gnrl lib-bk-bash buffer-extension iso-transl hippie-exp help-mode
dired+ image-file tabbar ibuffer helm-mode helm-files rx image-dired
tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver shell pcomplete format-spec
dired-x dired-aux ffap thingatpt helm-buffers helm-elscreen helm-tags
helm-bookmark helm-adaptive helm-info bookmark pp helm-locate helm-help
helm-match-plugin helm-grep helm-regexp helm-plugin grep helm-external
helm-net browse-url xml url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source
gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars mailcap helm-utils
dired compile comint ansi-color ring helm easy-mmode cl-macs helm-source
cl-seq eieio-compat eieio byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv
eieio-core helm-config helm-easymenu edmacro kmacro async-bytecomp
advice help-fns async helm-aliases ido cua-base sh-script smie
executable autorevert filenotify cap-words superword subword recentf
tree-widget disp-table whitespace cl-extra seq paren delsel cus-edit
cus-start cus-load wid-edit cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib finder-inf tex-site
info easymenu package epg-config time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp
files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind gfilenotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 449847 30693)
 (symbols 48 44192 0)
 (miscs 40 1965 794)
 (strings 32 100958 16873)
 (string-bytes 1 3239770)
 (vectors 16 44335)
 (vector-slots 8 1564190 208828)
 (floats 8 343 532)
 (intervals 56 7067 69)
 (buffers 976 24)
 (heap 1024 71572 2841))