Subject: Re: bug#20906: 25.0.50;

From: Mike FABIAN <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2015 08:35:15 +0200

This is the first bad commit (which is a bit weird because it
does not touch xselect.c):

mfabian@ari:/local/mfabian/src/emacs ((31300be...) %|BISECTING)
$ git bisect bad
31300bee24ddcfd7dc27e757513d3c176a7fad83 is the first bad commit
commit 31300bee24ddcfd7dc27e757513d3c176a7fad83
Author: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date:   Wed Oct 1 23:19:32 2014 -0400

    Consolidate management/ownership of selections.
    * lisp/select.el (gui-get-selection-alist): New method.
    (gui-get-selection): Use it.  Rename from x-get-selection.
    (x-get-selection): Define as obsolete alias.
    (x-get-clipboard): Mark obsolete.
    (gui-get-primary-selection): New function.
    (x-get-selection-value): Mark obsolete.
    (gui-own-selection-alist, gui-disown-selection-alist)
    (gui-selection-owner-p-alist): New methods.
    (gui-set-selection): Use them.  Rename from x-set-selection.
    (x-set-selection): Define as obsolete alias.
    (gui--valid-simple-selection-p): Rename from
    x-valid-simple-selection-p.
    * lisp/w32-common-fns.el (gui-own-selection, gui-disown-selection)
    (gui-selection-owner-p, gui-get-selection): Define for w32.
    (w32-get-selection-value): Rename from x-get-selection-value.
    Use the new gui-last-selected-text.
    * lisp/term/x-win.el (x-get-selection-value): Remove.
    (x-clipboard-yank): Declare obsolete.
    (gui-own-selection, gui-disown-selection, gui-get-selection)
    (gui-selection-owner-p): Define for x.
    * lisp/term/w32-win.el (w32-win-suspend-error): Rename from
    x-win-suspend-error.
    * lisp/term/pc-win.el (w16-get-selection-value): Rename from
    x-get-selection-value.
    (w16-selection-owner-p): Rename from x-selection-owner-p.
    (gui-own-selection, gui-disown-selection, gui-get-selection)
    (gui-selection-owner-p): Define for pc.
    (w16--select-text): New function.
    * lisp/term/ns-win.el (gui-own-selection, gui-disown-selection)
    (gui-get-selection, gui-selection-owner-p): Define for ns.
    * lisp/term.el (term-mouse-paste):
    * lisp/mouse.el (mouse-yank-primary): Use gui-get-primary-selection.
    * src/nsselect.m (ns-own-selection-internal, ns-disown-selection-internal):
    Rename from the "x-" prefix.

:040000 040000 27932670cbd5f701fe2fffcd8cdaebe59ef894af 6a0e0cbfbbcbb245d70c43248f3198a11db714dd M   etc
:040000 040000 f8130a7b693bc45dd440cb7ff0bb24070ee1dd6c db44f34aeb6c3089ef337f2f82234624eed00a97 M   lisp
:040000 040000 b39f4708e656cc5a43e41196453af87a491bb7f1 c68d300831f6dc95ca9b51356129e21255f8d9e1 M   src
mfabian@ari:/local/mfabian/src/emacs ((31300be...) %|BISECTING)
$ 

-- 
Mike FABIAN <[email-masked]>
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。