Subject: bug#2089 closed by Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> (Re: bug#2089: rmail summary never marks unseen messages)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 03:00:11 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs,rmail package:

#2089: rmail summary never marks unseen messages

It has been closed by Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
2089: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=2089
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#2089: rmail summary never marks unseen messages
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 21:50:36 -0500

2009-01-28  Glenn Morris  <[email-masked]>

  * mail/rmailsum.el (rmail-create-summary-line): Fix unseen handling.

Subject: rmail summary never marks unseen messages
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 18:30:19 -0500

Package: emacs,rmail

Visit an rmail folder with unseen messages. View the summary.
Unseen messages should be marked with a "-" in column 6, but are not.

AFAICS, it seems that in rmail-create-summary-line,
rmail-message-unseen-p never returns non-nil. It seems (?) that
rmail-message-attr-p's assumption that the Rmail buffer is unswapped
is invalid in this case, because the search limit it constructs is
bogus, so it never finds the attribute header.