Subject: Re: bug#20889: python Tkinter

From: Federico Beffa <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 10:42:39 +0100

If I start python3 and do:

-------------------------------------------------------
$ python3
Python 3.4.3 (default, Oct  9 2015, 22:53:58)
[GCC 4.9.3] on linux
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import tkinter
>>> root = tkinter.Tk()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/gnu/store/y5x6c38fzrbfl80jxrgjd6py2k88x12a-python-3.4.3/lib/python3.4/tkinter/__init__.py",
line 1851, in __init__
    self.tk = _tkinter.create(screenName, baseName, className,
interactive, wantobjects, useTk, sync, use)
_tkinter.TclError: Can't find a usable tk.tcl in the following directories:
    /gnu/store/sd4fcdk9yzh1s0230fjx1yfwk9pl71bf-tcl-8.6.4/lib/tcl8.6/tk8.6
/gnu/store/sd4fcdk9yzh1s0230fjx1yfwk9pl71bf-tcl-8.6.4/lib/tk8.6
/gnu/store/y5x6c38fzrbfl80jxrgjd6py2k88x12a-python-3.4.3/lib/tk8.6
/gnu/store/lib/tk8.6
/gnu/store/y5x6c38fzrbfl80jxrgjd6py2k88x12a-python-3.4.3/library

This probably means that tk wasn't installed properly.
-------------------------------------------------------

Did you successfully test it?

Regards,
Fede