Subject: bug#20886: 25.0.50; vc-dir and git stash

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 18:42:13 -0400

1. After M-x vc-git-stash, and pop stash, I have to manually revert the
vc-dir buffer - it is not updated.

2. vc-git-stash should be bound to "s" when in the "Stash" line in
vc-dir buffer.

Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.4 (x86_64-apple-darwin14.3.0, NS appkit-1347.57 Version 10.10.3 (Build 14D136))
 of 2015-06-15 on sds-MacBook-Pro.local
Repository revision: c8dc4d680430255895e5654a2634ee6994dde050
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1347
Configured using:
 `configure --with-ns'

Configured features:
JPEG IMAGEMAGICK ACL LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: C
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  rcirc-track-minor-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  url-handler-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent messages:
Mark saved where search started
 [2 times]
Running git --no-pager update-index --refresh . in background... done
Running git --no-pager diff-index --relative -z -M HEAD -- . in background... done
Running git --no-pager ls-files -z -o --directory --no-empty-directory --exclude-standard -- . in background... done
Use M-x vc-git-stash to create stashes.
Quit
Use M-x vc-git-stash to create stashes.
s is undefined
Mark saved where search started [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow bbdb-message mailalias cookie1 nnir emacsbug sendmail pp
spam-report reposition quail js cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine tramp-cmds eww mm-url pulse
url-http url-gw url-auth url-queue url-cache url url-proxy url-privacy
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf vc-annotate image-mode eieio-opt
speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe find-func flow-fill nndoc jka-compr
gnus-fun url-expand url-methods cal-move cal-x view cal-china cal-bahai
cal-islam cal-julian holidays hol-loaddefs cal-iso cal-hebrew lunar
solar cal-dst appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs gnus-cite smiley url-util shr dom subr-x mm-archive
gnus-bcklg qp gnus-async gnus-dup mail-extr gnus-ml hl-line spam
spam-stat gnus-uu yenc nndraft nnmh gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score
score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime dig mailcap utf-7 gnus-cache gnus-sum bbdb-gnus network-stream nsm
starttls nntp gnus-group gnus-undo tramp-cache tramp-sh tramp
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source tls utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
gnus-win find-dired grep apropos kmacro log-edit time-stamp skeleton
dabbrev help-mode debug etags xref misearch multi-isearch sort add-log
log-view pcvs-util vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs remember
tex-mode smerge-mode flyspell ispell markdown-mode noutline outline
sh-script smie message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums gmm-utils mailheader
make-mode dired-aux dired python json vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode vc-dir
ewoc vc vc-dispatcher vc-hg finder-inf package epg-config warnings
midnight gnus gnus-ems nnheader mail-utils wid-edit bbdb-mua bbdb-com
crm mailabbrev bbdb-loaddefs bbdb bbdb-site timezone rcirc server
which-func imenu url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-macs cl-seq eieio
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra seq cconv eieio-core gnus-util
mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars paren help-at-pt
desktop frameset cus-start cus-load ido ess-toolbar ess-mouse mouseme
thingatpt browse-url ess-menu ess-swv ess-noweb ess-noweb-font-lock-mode
ess-bugs-l essd-els ess-sas-d ess-sas-l ess-sas-a shell pcomplete
ess-sta-d ess-sta-l cc-vars cc-defs make-regexp ess-sp6-d ess-sp3-d
ess-julia ess-r-d ess-r-completion compile ess-tracebug format-spec
ess-roxy advice hideshow ess-help ess-developer ess-s-l ess ess-inf
comint ansi-color ring ess-mode ess-noweb-mode ess-utils ess-custom
executable easymenu ess-compat ess-site cl gv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib
time-date disp-table mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded
nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote cocoa ns multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 941202 190222)
 (symbols 48 77706 1)
 (miscs 40 7279 4600)
 (strings 32 223862 95965)
 (string-bytes 1 5836648)
 (vectors 16 68784)
 (vector-slots 8 1790833 132101)
 (floats 8 1159 3621)
 (intervals 56 53016 647)
 (buffers 976 138))

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on darwin Ns 10.3.1347
http://www.childpsy.net/ http://iris.org.il http://jihadwatch.org
http://dhimmi.org http://www.dhimmitude.org http://islamexposedonline.com
Sinners can repent, but stupid is forever.