Subject: 24.4; Invalid face: linum

From: Adam Connor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 15:36:33 -0500

From: Adam Connor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 24.4; Invalid face: linum
--text follows this line--

I'm using linum-mode. At various points (e.g., after M-x speedbar), I
see "Invalid face: linum". (And the speedbar doesn't come up.)

*Messages* shows "nlinum--face-width: Invalid face: linum".

In GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.5)
 of 2015-03-07 on trouble, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11604000
System Description:    Debian GNU/Linux 8.1 (jessie)

Configured using:
 `configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars
 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat
 -Werror=format-security -Wall' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  my-keys-minor-mode: t
  tabbar-mwheel-mode: t
  tabbar-mode: t
  global-nlinum-mode: t
  nlinum-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x l i s t - p a c k a g e s <return> <help-echo>
C-s n e o t r e e <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-movement> <mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> C-c
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> q <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> q
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> ) <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
M-x n e o t r e e - t o g g l e <return> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> C-x 1 C-x 3 <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <help-echo>
<mouse-1> <double-down-mouse-1> <double-mouse-1> <help-echo>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <double-down-mouse-1> <double-mouse-1>
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <double-down-mouse-1>
<double-mouse-1> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <double-down-mouse-1>
<double-mouse-1> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<help-echo> <down-mouse-3> <mouse-3> <help-echo> <down-mouse-3>
<mouse-3> <help-echo> <return> <return> <help-echo>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <down-mouse-3>
<mouse-3> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <menu-bar> <tools> <games> <tetris> q q
C-x k <return> C-x k <return> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
M-x <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> M-x n e o t r e e - d
i r M-x M-x C-g M-x n e o t r e e - d i r <return>
c p r o j e c t s <return> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
M-x n e o t r e e - t o g g l e <return> C-c s M-x
s p e e d b a r <return> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-g
C-h f s p e e d b a r <tab> <return> q <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-movement> <mouse-1> C-c s <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> M-x r e p o r t - e m a c s - b u g <ret
urn>

Recent messages:
d is undefined
i is undefined
r is undefined
completing-read-default: Command attempted to use minibuffer while in
minibuffer
Quit
nlinum--face-width: Invalid face: linum [2 times]
Quit
Describe-Function...
Type "q" in help window to restore its previous buffer.
<<< Press Space to bury the help buffer, Press R to retain it >>>
nlinum--face-width: Invalid face: linum

Load-path shadows:
/home/adam/.emacs.d/elpa/dash-2.10.0/dash hides ~/.emacs.d/lib/dash
~/.emacs.d/lib/tabbar-master/revive hides ~/.emacs.d/lib/revive
/usr/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp/debian-startup hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
~/.emacs.d/lib/indent hides /usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/indent
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/textmodes/flyspell
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/textmodes/ispell
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/rst hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/textmodes/rst

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail tetris gamegrid neotree
autoload lisp-mnt mule-util gnutls mm-archive network-stream starttls
url-cache url-handlers epg finder-inf view eieio-opt speedbar sb-image
ezimage dframe find-func help-mode misearch multi-isearch tabify vc-git
tabbar revbufs fill-column-indicator nlinum linum virtualenvwrapper dash
vc-svn psvn derived log-edit message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec
mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log diff-mode
pp elp ediff-merg ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init
ediff-util dired rdp-utils web-mode disp-table flymake python json util
compile comint ansi-color ring cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs undo-tree
soap-client mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode url-http tls url-auth
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile
cconv eieio-core gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars
mailcap warnings xml easy-mmode env-utils proj-utils cl-macs cl gv ido
edmacro kmacro ibuffer framemove advice help-fns ehelp recentf
tree-widget wid-edit desktop frameset cl-loaddefs cl-lib info easymenu s
file-utils package epg-config exec-path-from-shell misterioso-theme
library-utils time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 661448 156189)
 (symbols 48 35756 0)
 (miscs 40 1300 1359)
 (strings 32 83947 7255)
 (string-bytes 1 2333702)
 (vectors 16 36817)
 (vector-slots 8 1422690 197383)
 (floats 8 176 906)
 (intervals 56 63526 406)
 (buffers 960 20)
 (heap 1024 75819 2286))