Subject: bug#20882: closed (Re: bug#20882: 24.3; The background color can't fill the buffer completely)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2016 22:06:02 +0000

Your bug report

#20882: 24.3; The background color can't fill the buffer completely

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
20882: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=20882
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#20882: 24.3; The background color can't fill the buffer completely
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2016 17:05:52 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

"Andreas C. Osowski" wrote:

> More people are running into this issue at the moment using the spacemacs
> clone:
>
> https://github.com/syl20bnr/spacemacs/issues/5428

Apparently fixed by a Gtk update, so closing.

Subject: 24.3; The background color can't fill the buffer completely
From: "Chen, Chien-ting" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 18:58:58 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I used a theme in emacs 24, but recently, the background color just
filled area where characters are instead of the buffer completely. Even
though I killed the orignal ~/.emacs, and used command like customize-*
to change the theme to another one, it's not improved.

for details:
https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/13296/the-background-color-cant-fill-the-buffer-completely

for the recipe: https://hackpad.com/emacs-bus-testing-example-vRAUa9GiboF

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.7)
of 2014-03-08 on lamiak, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11501000
System Description: Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca

Configured using:
`configure '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu' '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu'
'--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
'--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
'--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
'--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'

'--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' '--with-x=yes'
'--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars'
'build_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector
--param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall'
'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro'
'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''

Important settings:
value of $LC_MONETARY: zh_TW.UTF-8
value of $LC_NUMERIC: zh_TW.UTF-8
value of $LC_TIME: zh_TW.UTF-8
value of $LANG: zh_TW.UTF-8
value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=fcitx
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
tooltip-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
tool-bar-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
buffer-read-only: t
line-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<right> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> x M-x
e m a c s - <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> r e p o r t - e m a c s - b
u g <return>

Recent messages:
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50gtk-doc-tools.el (source)...done
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50python-mode.el (source)...done
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50twittering-mode.el (source)...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
user-error: Beginning of history; no preceding item [4 times]
user-error: End of history; no default available [2 times]
user-error: Beginning of history; no preceding item
user-error: End of history; no default available
user-error: Beginning of history; no preceding item
call-interactively: End of buffer [15 times]

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp/debian-startup hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils json-mode-autoloads
json-reformat-autoloads json-snatcher-autoloads finder-inf
modeline-posn-autoloads moe-theme-autoloads php-mode-autoloads package
emacs-goodies-el emacs-goodies-custom emacs-goodies-loaddefs easy-mmode
time-date china-util tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)