Subject: bug#20878: smerge yours/other are backwards for git stash conflicts

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 03:10:36 -0400

Package: emacs
Version: 24.5
Severity: minor

If you do

git stash
git pull
git stash pop

then if you end up with a conflict, it looks like this:

<<<<<<< Updated upstream
## Don't create ns_appbindir via an order-only prerequisite, because
=======
## Don't create ns_appbindir via an order-only prequisite, because
>>>>>>> Stashed changes

If you then do 'smerge-keep-yours' it takes the "upstream" version.
If you do 'smerge-keep-other', it takes the "stash" version.

This seems backwards to me. The stash is my version, the upstream is the
other version.

(I guess it's because Git's conflicts seem to be presented the opposite
way round to those of CVS, svn, bzr, ... Because consistency is
obviously for losers.)