Subject: bug#20877: Building coreutils on ubuntu 15.04 64bit fails.

From: crocket <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 09:59:10 +0900

Forgive me for sending previous replies to only you. This email is
sent to you and the mailing list.

1. I ran 'gix pull' on the day I submitted the bug, and 'guix
--version' says the version is 0.8.2.
2. I installed the latest release of binary tarball.
3. /usr/local/bin/guix-daemon --build-users-group=guix-builder
/usr/local/bin/guix-daemon is symlinked to /root/.guix-profile/bin/guix-daemon
4. After I saw a test error during coreutils build, I enabled
substitutes by executing 'guix archive --authorize <
hydra.gnu.org.pub'.
After enabling substitutes, I could install coreutils.
5. '/' includes '/tmp'. '/' is a btrfs. The mount options are
rw,noatime,compress=lzo,ssd,discard,space_cache,autodefrag

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 5:28 AM, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Before investigating more, could you provide additional details:
>
>   1. Version of Guix being used.  Did you run ‘guix pull’?
>   2. Installation method: from source or binary tarball?
>   3. Command line used to run ‘guix-daemon’?
>   4. Are substitutes enabled?  (See
>      <https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/html_node/Substitutes.html>.)
>   5. Mount options for /tmp (output of ‘mount | grep /tmp’)?
>
> Thanks for your report!
>
> Ludo’.