Subject: bug#20875: 24.4; Error reported when setting font

From: Adam Connor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 15:04:18 -0500

From: Adam Connor <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 24.4; Error reported when setting font
--text follows this line--

Emacs did NOT crash. However, I noticed I get
      emacs _gtk_style_cascade_set_parent: assertion 'parent->parent ==
NULL' failedemacs set default font
if I set the font to Droid Sans Mono Regular (12 point) in the menu dialog.

Doubt this helps but this is in stock debian 8.1 running in virtualbox.

In GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.5)
 of 2015-03-07 on trouble, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11604000
System Description:    Debian GNU/Linux 8.1 (jessie)

Configured using:
 `configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars
 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat
 -Werror=format-security -Wall' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  my-keys-minor-mode: t
  tabbar-mwheel-mode: t
  tabbar-mode: t
  global-nlinum-mode: t
  nlinum-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> <mouse-1> M-x r e p
o r t - e m a c s - b u g <return>

Recent messages:
Directory name in buffer names (uniquify) disabled globally
I guess we don't have pype-utils available.
I guess we don't have virtualenv-utils available.
inform.c has auto save data; consider M-x recover-this-file
Setting up indent for shell type sh
Indentation variables are now local.
Indentation setup for shell type sh
Wrote /home/adam/.emacs.d/.emacs.desktop.lock
Desktop: 2 frames, 4 buffers restored.
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
/home/adam/.emacs.d/elpa/dash-2.10.0/dash hides ~/.emacs.d/lib/dash
~/.emacs.d/lib/tabbar-master/revive hides ~/.emacs.d/lib/revive
/usr/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp/debian-startup hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
~/.emacs.d/lib/indent hides /usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/indent
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/textmodes/flyspell
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/textmodes/ispell
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/rst hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/textmodes/rst

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail sh-script smie executable
cc-langs vc-git tabbar revbufs fill-column-indicator nlinum linum
virtualenvwrapper dash vc-svn psvn derived log-edit message format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util
add-log diff-mode pp elp ediff-merg ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-mult
ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util dired rdp-utils web-mode disp-table
flymake python json util compile comint ansi-color ring cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs
undo-tree soap-client mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode url-http tls
url-auth mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv eieio-core gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr
password-cache url-vars mailcap warnings xml easy-mmode env-utils
proj-utils cl-macs cl gv ido edmacro kmacro ibuffer framemove advice
help-fns ehelp recentf tree-widget wid-edit desktop frameset cl-loaddefs
cl-lib info easymenu s file-utils package epg-config misterioso-theme
library-utils time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 277053 20368)
 (symbols 48 34401 0)
 (miscs 40 300 232)
 (strings 32 60247 7767)
 (string-bytes 1 1843289)
 (vectors 16 25815)
 (vector-slots 8 587170 12127)
 (floats 8 139 264)
 (intervals 56 541 64)
 (buffers 960 15)
 (heap 1024 64384 1201))