Subject: bug#20829: closed (Re: bug#20829: 25.0.50; `compilation-set-window' calls `window-fringes' with wrong window selected)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2015 08:48:04 +0000

Your bug report

#20829: 25.0.50; `compilation-set-window' calls `window-fringes' with wrong window selected

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
20829: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=20829
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#20829: 25.0.50; `compilation-set-window' calls `window-fringes' with wrong window selected
From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
To: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2015 10:47:45 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

 > In GNU Emacs 24.3.90.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 >   of 2014-04-12 on LEG570
 > Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
 > Configured using:
 >   `configure --enable-checking 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3' CPPFLAGS=-DGLYPH_DEBUG=1'

Shoud be fixed for Emacs 25.  Please check as soon as you get new
binaries.

Thanks, martin

Subject: 25.0.50; `compilation-set-window' calls `window-fringes' with wrong window selected
From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 12:40:52 -0700 (PDT)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Debugging shows me that when I use `C-x `' from another frame than the
compilation-buffer frame, `compilation-goto-locus' calls
`compilation-set-window', and that then calls `window-fringes', the
compilation-buffer window is not selected (not in some contexts anyway),
so the test for no left window fringe is done in the wrong window.

It is probably enough, to repro this (but I haven't tried), to have
`default-frame-alist' show left fringe bug have `special-display-alist'
not show left fringe, and to have the compilation buffer (e.g. `*grep*')
be special-display.

In the debugger I see that `compilation-goto-locus' calls
`display-buffer' but does not select the compilation-buffer window.
Then `compilation-set-window' is called without the compilation-buffer
window being selected.  Eventually that window is selected, but that
happens after the call to `compilation-set-window'.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2014-10-20 on LEG570
Bzr revision: 118168 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --enable-checking=yes,glyphs CPPFLAGS=-DGLYPH_DEBUG=1'