Subject: bug#20817: closed (Re: bug#20817: 25.0.50; Problems with upgrading of packages)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 18:00:10 +0000

Your bug report

#20817: 25.0.50; Problems with upgrading of packages

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
20817: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=20817
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#20817: 25.0.50; Problems with upgrading of packages
From: Artur Malabarba <[email-masked]>
To: Mark Karpov <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 18:59:17 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Happy to help.

2015-06-18 18:34 GMT+01:00 Mark Karpov <[email-masked]>:
>
> Oh, this is so stupid for me to misinterpret the docs. It seemed
> intuitive that filtering function should get arguments the same way as
> original function does. The problem is solved now, I need to grep
> :filter-args and fix it everywhere now in my config ;-) Thank you very
> much for your help and your Emacs-related work!

Subject: 25.0.50; Problems with upgrading of packages
From: Mark Karpov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 17:55:31 +0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

***

It seems like there are some problems with upgrading of packages
now. When I call ‘package-list-packages’ command, the list is printed,
but I'm also presented with a message in the minibuffer that reads:

  error in process filter: wrong type argument: listp, :error

When I want to upgrade some packages, I get this error message instead:

  Package `...package description...` is unavailable

It's strange, I guess it's some sort of bug.

***

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.8 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.16.4)
 of 2015-06-15 on arch
Repository revision: 08bad175d45dad7bb872c604cd2b8e84cc1cc5bb
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11701000
Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: iε

Minor modes in effect:
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  whitespace-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  ido-vertical-mode: t
  ido-ubiquitous-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-aggressive-indent-mode: t
  aggressive-indent-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  smartparens-global-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill
  auto-fill-mode: 1

Recent messages:
package-compute-transaction: Package `([cl-struct-package-desc cider (20150614 2326) Clojure Interactive Development Environment that Rocks ((clojure-mode (4 0 0)) (dash (2 4 1)) (pkg-info (0 4)) (emacs (24 3)) (queue (0 1 1))) tar melpa nil ((:url . http://www.github.com/clojure-emacs/cider) (:keywords languages clojure cider)) nil])-' is unavailable
Importing package-keyring.gpg...done
Waiting for refresh to finish...
Package refresh done
2 packages marked for upgrading.
error in process filter: apply: Wrong type argument: listp, :error
error in process filter: Wrong type argument: listp, :error
2 packages marked for upgrading.
Upgrade these 2 packages (cider-20150612.315, clojure-mode-20150611.1524)? (y or n) y
Package menu: Operation started [Upgrading 2]
package-compute-transaction: Package `([cl-struct-package-desc clojure-mode (20150614 1628) Major mode for Clojure code ((emacs (24 3))) single melpa nil ((:url . http://github.com/clojure-emacs/clojure-mode) (:keywords languages clojure clojurescript lisp)) nil] dont-select)-' is unavailable

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail smex mm-archive message dired
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-utils network-stream nsm starttls url-http tls
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw url-cache url-auth
url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source gnus-util
mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars epg ace-window avy
rainbow-delimiters flycheck-haskell haskell-cabal haskell-utils flycheck
find-func rx subr-x flyspell ispell whitespace mk-visual
solarized-dark-theme solarized mk-tex mk-slime slime-fancy
slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-compiler-notes-tree slime-scratch slime-presentations bridge
slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-repl slime-parse slime
compile etags xref eieio eieio-core arc-mode archive-mode noutline
outline pp comint ansi-color ring hyperspec browse-url slime-autoloads
cl-macs mk-scheme mk-python mk-prolog mk-org mk-markdown mk-man mk-magit
mk-haskell mk-gnus mk-erc mk-elisp mk-dired mk-diff mk-clojure
mk-calendar mk-c mk-bookmark mk-minor-modes common-lisp-snippets
yasnippet help-mode cl gv whole-line-or-region paren minibuf-eldef
ido-vertical-mode ido-ubiquitous ido-completing-read+ ido warnings
autorevert filenotify cl-seq aggressive-indent easy-mmode time delsel
smartparens-config smartparens byte-opt thingatpt dash mk-global edmacro
kmacro mk-utils mk-abbrev server bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra seq
cconv finder-inf tex-site fix-word cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib info
easymenu advice package epg-config time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp
files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind gfilenotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 749960 154652)
 (symbols 48 36211 0)
 (miscs 40 83 281)
 (strings 32 102965 64187)
 (string-bytes 1 3714608)
 (vectors 16 44323)
 (vector-slots 8 1436456 166375)
 (floats 8 396 718)
 (intervals 56 71599 84)
 (buffers 976 18)
 (heap 1024 81344 8993))