Subject: Re: bug#20817: 25.0.50; Problems with upgrading of packages

From: Artur Malabarba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 16:41:01 +0100

2015-06-18 16:23 GMT+01:00 Mark Karpov <[email-masked]>:
>
> I have this advice, but I don't see how it can cause any problem:

Yeah, I don't see it either. If I read the backtrace correctly, that
code is called between package-install and package-compute-transaction
(which is strange because one function shoudl be called directly by
the other). So it would most likely be an advice on
compute-transaction. (but advices are complicated, so I wouldn't rule
that out)

> Bad news are that I'm
> now unable to test this behavior anymore until there are new versions of
> some packages on MELPA (it's impossible to revert to older builds
> AFAIK).

You can fake a downgrade.
1. Rename one of the directories inside ".elpa" (like "org-2015nnnn"
to "org-1"),
2. change the version number inside the "org-1/org-pkg.el" file,
3. restart emacs (or maybe just M-x package-initialize).