Subject: bug#20817: 25.0.50; Problems with upgrading of packages

From: Mark Karpov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 17:55:31 +0600

***

It seems like there are some problems with upgrading of packages
now. When I call ‘package-list-packages’ command, the list is printed,
but I'm also presented with a message in the minibuffer that reads:

  error in process filter: wrong type argument: listp, :error

When I want to upgrade some packages, I get this error message instead:

  Package `...package description...` is unavailable

It's strange, I guess it's some sort of bug.

***

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.8 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.16.4)
 of 2015-06-15 on arch
Repository revision: 08bad175d45dad7bb872c604cd2b8e84cc1cc5bb
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11701000
Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: iε

Minor modes in effect:
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  whitespace-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  ido-vertical-mode: t
  ido-ubiquitous-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-aggressive-indent-mode: t
  aggressive-indent-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  smartparens-global-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill
  auto-fill-mode: 1

Recent messages:
package-compute-transaction: Package `([cl-struct-package-desc cider (20150614 2326) Clojure Interactive Development Environment that Rocks ((clojure-mode (4 0 0)) (dash (2 4 1)) (pkg-info (0 4)) (emacs (24 3)) (queue (0 1 1))) tar melpa nil ((:url . http://www.github.com/clojure-emacs/cider) (:keywords languages clojure cider)) nil])-' is unavailable
Importing package-keyring.gpg...done
Waiting for refresh to finish...
Package refresh done
2 packages marked for upgrading.
error in process filter: apply: Wrong type argument: listp, :error
error in process filter: Wrong type argument: listp, :error
2 packages marked for upgrading.
Upgrade these 2 packages (cider-20150612.315, clojure-mode-20150611.1524)? (y or n) y
Package menu: Operation started [Upgrading 2]
package-compute-transaction: Package `([cl-struct-package-desc clojure-mode (20150614 1628) Major mode for Clojure code ((emacs (24 3))) single melpa nil ((:url . http://github.com/clojure-emacs/clojure-mode) (:keywords languages clojure clojurescript lisp)) nil] dont-select)-' is unavailable

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail smex mm-archive message dired
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-utils network-stream nsm starttls url-http tls
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw url-cache url-auth
url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source gnus-util
mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars epg ace-window avy
rainbow-delimiters flycheck-haskell haskell-cabal haskell-utils flycheck
find-func rx subr-x flyspell ispell whitespace mk-visual
solarized-dark-theme solarized mk-tex mk-slime slime-fancy
slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-compiler-notes-tree slime-scratch slime-presentations bridge
slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-repl slime-parse slime
compile etags xref eieio eieio-core arc-mode archive-mode noutline
outline pp comint ansi-color ring hyperspec browse-url slime-autoloads
cl-macs mk-scheme mk-python mk-prolog mk-org mk-markdown mk-man mk-magit
mk-haskell mk-gnus mk-erc mk-elisp mk-dired mk-diff mk-clojure
mk-calendar mk-c mk-bookmark mk-minor-modes common-lisp-snippets
yasnippet help-mode cl gv whole-line-or-region paren minibuf-eldef
ido-vertical-mode ido-ubiquitous ido-completing-read+ ido warnings
autorevert filenotify cl-seq aggressive-indent easy-mmode time delsel
smartparens-config smartparens byte-opt thingatpt dash mk-global edmacro
kmacro mk-utils mk-abbrev server bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra seq
cconv finder-inf tex-site fix-word cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib info
easymenu advice package epg-config time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp
files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind gfilenotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 749960 154652)
 (symbols 48 36211 0)
 (miscs 40 83 281)
 (strings 32 102965 64187)
 (string-bytes 1 3714608)
 (vectors 16 44323)
 (vector-slots 8 1436456 166375)
 (floats 8 396 718)
 (intervals 56 71599 84)
 (buffers 976 18)
 (heap 1024 81344 8993))