Subject: bug#20810: closed (Re: bug#20810: 25.0.50; tabulated-list is broken)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 13:44:03 +0000

Your bug report

#20810: 25.0.50; tabulated-list is broken

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
20810: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=20810
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#20810: 25.0.50; tabulated-list is broken
From: Artur Malabarba <[email-masked]>
To: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 14:43:30 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Fixed via:
57e7666 * lisp/emacs-lisp/tabulated-list.el (tabulated-list-print):

Subject: 25.0.50; tabulated-list is broken
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 14:01:31 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Try "M-x buffer-menu". It results in an error message. Bisecting shows,
that this error was introduced by

Bisecting: 0 revisions left to test after this (roughly 1 step)
[c205098b6a8bd3b13256803f86f6863558a7a34e] * lisp/emacs-lisp/tabulated-list.el: New optional print method

Other packages using tabulated-list are broken as well, for example debbugs-gnu.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.42 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.27)
 of 2015-06-14 on detlef
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11701000
System Description:	Ubuntu 15.04

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS NOTIFY GNUTLS
LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Debbugs

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-notify-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent messages:
Loading icomplete...done
Loading /home/albinus/.tramp...done
Loading /home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-autoloads.el (source)...done
Loading erc...done
Contacting host: debbugs.gnu.org:80 [3 times]
Mark set [3 times]
Making completion list... [2 times]
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only [4 times]
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-org hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.7/debbugs-org
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-gnu hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.7/debbugs-gnu
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.7/debbugs
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-autoloads hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.7/debbugs-autoloads
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-pkg hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.7/debbugs-pkg
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-browse hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.7/debbugs-browse
/home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/ada-mode-5.1.8/ada-stmt hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/progmodes/ada-stmt
/home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/ada-mode-5.1.8/ada-prj hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/progmodes/ada-prj
/home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/ada-mode-5.1.8/ada-xref hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/progmodes/ada-xref
/home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/ada-mode-5.1.8/ada-mode hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/progmodes/ada-mode
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-python hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-python
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-scala hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-scala
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-ref hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-ref
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-gnus hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-gnus
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-java hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-java
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-css hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-css
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-bibtex hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-bibtex
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-ledger hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-ledger
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-ruby hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-ruby
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-irc hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-irc
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-plantuml hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-entities hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-entities
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-agenda hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-agenda
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ox-html hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ox-html
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-core hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-core
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ox-md hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ox-md
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ox hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ox
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-sqlite hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-compat hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-compat
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-gnuplot hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ox-beamer hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ox-beamer
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-exp hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-exp
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-C hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-C
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-awk hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-awk
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-matlab hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-matlab
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ox-org hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ox-org
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-archive hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-archive
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-plot hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-plot
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-install hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-install
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-octave hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-octave
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-calc hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-calc
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-bbdb hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-bbdb
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-lilypond hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ox-odt hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ox-odt
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-sass hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-sass
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-lisp hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-lisp
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-indent hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-indent
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-mouse hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-mouse
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-macs hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-macs
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-timer hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-timer
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-pcomplete hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-inlinetask hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-comint hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-comint
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-org hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-org
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-keys hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-keys
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-src hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-src
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-ctags hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-ctags
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-clojure hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-clojure
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-ocaml hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-mobile hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-mobile
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-tangle hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-tangle
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-asymptote hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-table hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-table
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-makefile hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-makefile
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ox-publish hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ox-publish
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-macro hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-macro
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-maxima hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-maxima
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ox-man hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ox-man
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ox-latex hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ox-latex
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-table hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-table
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-colview hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-colview
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-haskell hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-haskell
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-version hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-version
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ox-texinfo hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ox-texinfo
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-dot hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-dot
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-lob hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-lob
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-mscgen hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-js hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-js
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-eval hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-eval
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-eshell hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-eshell
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-feed hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-feed
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-R hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-R
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-crypt hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-crypt
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-footnote hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-footnote
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ox-ascii hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ox-ascii
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-screen hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-screen
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-w3m hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-w3m
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-mhe hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-mhe
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-attach hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-attach
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-habit hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-habit
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-clock hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-clock
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-list hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-list
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-perl hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-perl
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-fortran hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-fortran
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-protocol hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-protocol
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ox-icalendar hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ox-icalendar
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-info hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-info
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-docview hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-docview
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-id hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-id
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-faces hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-faces
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-emacs-lisp hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-rmail hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-rmail
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-shen hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-shen
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-capture hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-capture
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-element hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-element
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-ditaa hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-latex hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-latex
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-io hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-io
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-datetree hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-datetree
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-picolisp hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-sql hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-sql
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-scheme hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-scheme
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-loaddefs hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-smb hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-smb
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-uu hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-uu
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-adb hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-adb
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-cmds hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-cmds
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-cache hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-cache
~/src/tramp/lisp/trampver hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/trampver
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-ftp hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-ftp
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-sh hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-sh
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-loaddefs hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-loaddefs
~/lisp/dbus hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/dbus
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-gw hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-gw
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-gvfs hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-gvfs
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-compat hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-compat

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail mm-archive message rfc822 mml
mml-sec mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mail-utils network-stream nsm
starttls url-cache crm debbugs-gnu add-log debbugs soap-client mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode url-http tls url-auth mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse
url-vars mailcap warnings xml erc-notify erc-list erc-menu erc-join
erc-ring erc-networks erc-pcomplete erc-track erc-match erc-button
wid-edit erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit erc-goodies erc erc-backend
erc-compat thingatpt pp cperl-mode finder-inf slime-autoloads info
easymenu package epg-config time tramp tramp-compat auth-source cl-seq
eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra seq cconv eieio-core
gnus-util mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr password-cache tramp-loaddefs
cl-macs trampver shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring format-spec
advice cl gv ido jka-compr icomplete paren ps-print ps-def lpr vc
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib vc-dispatcher dired time-date mule-util tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp
files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind gfilenotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 349296 46136)
 (symbols 48 32186 0)
 (miscs 40 529 206)
 (strings 32 69646 27291)
 (string-bytes 1 1845794)
 (vectors 16 25619)
 (vector-slots 8 587024 5235)
 (floats 8 810 276)
 (intervals 56 7283 87)
 (buffers 976 16)
 (heap 1024 35958 1667))