Subject: bug#20810: 25.0.50; tabulated-list is broken

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 14:01:31 +0200

Try "M-x buffer-menu". It results in an error message. Bisecting shows,
that this error was introduced by

Bisecting: 0 revisions left to test after this (roughly 1 step)
[c205098b6a8bd3b13256803f86f6863558a7a34e] * lisp/emacs-lisp/tabulated-list.el: New optional print method

Other packages using tabulated-list are broken as well, for example debbugs-gnu.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.42 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.27)
 of 2015-06-14 on detlef
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11701000
System Description:	Ubuntu 15.04

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS NOTIFY GNUTLS
LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Debbugs

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-notify-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent messages:
Loading icomplete...done
Loading /home/albinus/.tramp...done
Loading /home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-autoloads.el (source)...done
Loading erc...done
Contacting host: debbugs.gnu.org:80 [3 times]
Mark set [3 times]
Making completion list... [2 times]
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only [4 times]
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-org hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.7/debbugs-org
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-gnu hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.7/debbugs-gnu
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.7/debbugs
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-autoloads hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.7/debbugs-autoloads
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-pkg hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.7/debbugs-pkg
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-browse hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.7/debbugs-browse
/home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/ada-mode-5.1.8/ada-stmt hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/progmodes/ada-stmt
/home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/ada-mode-5.1.8/ada-prj hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/progmodes/ada-prj
/home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/ada-mode-5.1.8/ada-xref hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/progmodes/ada-xref
/home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/ada-mode-5.1.8/ada-mode hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/progmodes/ada-mode
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-python hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-python
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-scala hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-scala
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-ref hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-ref
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-gnus hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-gnus
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-java hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-java
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-css hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-css
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-bibtex hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-bibtex
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-ledger hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-ledger
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-ruby hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-ruby
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-irc hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-irc
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-plantuml hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-entities hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-entities
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-agenda hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-agenda
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ox-html hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ox-html
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-core hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-core
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ox-md hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ox-md
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ox hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ox
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-sqlite hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-compat hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-compat
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-gnuplot hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ox-beamer hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ox-beamer
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-exp hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-exp
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-C hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-C
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-awk hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-awk
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-matlab hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-matlab
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ox-org hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ox-org
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-archive hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-archive
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-plot hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-plot
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-install hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-install
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-octave hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-octave
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-calc hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-calc
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-bbdb hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-bbdb
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-lilypond hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ox-odt hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ox-odt
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-sass hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-sass
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-lisp hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-lisp
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-indent hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-indent
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-mouse hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-mouse
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-macs hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-macs
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-timer hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-timer
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-pcomplete hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-inlinetask hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-comint hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-comint
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-org hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-org
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-keys hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-keys
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-src hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-src
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-ctags hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-ctags
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-clojure hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-clojure
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-ocaml hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-mobile hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-mobile
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-tangle hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-tangle
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-asymptote hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-table hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-table
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-makefile hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-makefile
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ox-publish hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ox-publish
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-macro hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-macro
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-maxima hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-maxima
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ox-man hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ox-man
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ox-latex hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ox-latex
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-table hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-table
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-colview hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-colview
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-haskell hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-haskell
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-version hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-version
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ox-texinfo hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ox-texinfo
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-dot hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-dot
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-lob hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-lob
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-mscgen hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-js hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-js
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-eval hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-eval
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-eshell hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-eshell
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-feed hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-feed
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-R hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-R
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-crypt hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-crypt
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-footnote hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-footnote
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ox-ascii hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ox-ascii
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-screen hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-screen
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-w3m hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-w3m
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-mhe hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-mhe
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-attach hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-attach
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-habit hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-habit
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-clock hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-clock
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-list hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-list
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-perl hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-perl
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-fortran hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-fortran
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-protocol hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-protocol
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ox-icalendar hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ox-icalendar
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-info hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-info
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-docview hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-docview
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-id hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-id
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-faces hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-faces
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-emacs-lisp hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-rmail hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-rmail
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-shen hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-shen
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-capture hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-capture
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-element hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-element
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-ditaa hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-latex hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-latex
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-io hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-io
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-datetree hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-datetree
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-picolisp hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-sql hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-sql
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-scheme hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/ob-scheme
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-loaddefs hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-smb hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-smb
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-uu hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-uu
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-adb hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-adb
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-cmds hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-cmds
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-cache hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-cache
~/src/tramp/lisp/trampver hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/trampver
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-ftp hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-ftp
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-sh hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-sh
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-loaddefs hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-loaddefs
~/lisp/dbus hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/dbus
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-gw hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-gw
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-gvfs hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-gvfs
~/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-compat hides /home/albinus/src/emacs/lisp/net/tramp-compat

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail mm-archive message rfc822 mml
mml-sec mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mail-utils network-stream nsm
starttls url-cache crm debbugs-gnu add-log debbugs soap-client mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode url-http tls url-auth mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums url-gw url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse
url-vars mailcap warnings xml erc-notify erc-list erc-menu erc-join
erc-ring erc-networks erc-pcomplete erc-track erc-match erc-button
wid-edit erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit erc-goodies erc erc-backend
erc-compat thingatpt pp cperl-mode finder-inf slime-autoloads info
easymenu package epg-config time tramp tramp-compat auth-source cl-seq
eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra seq cconv eieio-core
gnus-util mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr password-cache tramp-loaddefs
cl-macs trampver shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring format-spec
advice cl gv ido jka-compr icomplete paren ps-print ps-def lpr vc
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib vc-dispatcher dired time-date mule-util tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp
files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind gfilenotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 349296 46136)
 (symbols 48 32186 0)
 (miscs 40 529 206)
 (strings 32 69646 27291)
 (string-bytes 1 1845794)
 (vectors 16 25619)
 (vector-slots 8 587024 5235)
 (floats 8 810 276)
 (intervals 56 7283 87)
 (buffers 976 16)
 (heap 1024 35958 1667))