Subject: Re: bug#20810: 25.0.50; tabulated-list is broken

From: Artur Malabarba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 14:38:12 +0100

Ok I've spotted the problem. The logic I implemented assumed that the
`tabulated-list-printer' function (which is used to print each entry)
would always leave point after the printed content, which is not what
debbugs does. Debbugs uses this to also print some content at the top
and bottom of the buffer the first time it is called

I'll find a better way to write this.

2015-06-14 14:29 GMT+01:00 Artur Malabarba <[email-masked]>:
>>> I can't reproduce that. Could you try emacs -Q?
>>
>> Hmm, I did a "git pull" and recompiled everything, and the problem is
>> gone for me with the `buffer-menu' command. But it still remains for
>> `debbugs-gnu'.
>
> Ok, I confirm I have it for debbugs as well.
>
>> The second argument s2 of `debbugs-gnu-sort-id' is (nil nil), which
>> doesn't look like a valid sort item.
>
> Indeed.
>
>> Does `tabulated-list-print' calls the
>> sort function with possibly incorrect items? Or is there an incompatible
>> change?
>
> Answer to both of these should be "no", but clearly at least one
> isn't. :-) I'm looking into it.
>
>> etc/NEWS mentions a change of `tabulated-list-print', but I don't
>> see how it is related to the problem.
>
> As part of that change, the sorting logic got refactored a bit, so I
> probably messed it up. It doesn't really have anything to do with the
> new printing method that's actually announced in the news.