Subject: Re: bug#20810: 25.0.50; tabulated-list is broken

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2015 14:56:09 +0200

Artur Malabarba <[email-masked]> writes:

> I can't reproduce that. Could you try emacs -Q?

Hmm, I did a "git pull" and recompiled everything, and the problem is
gone for me with the `buffer-menu' command. But it still remains for
`debbugs-gnu'.

> Also, what's the error message? And could you try debug-on-error?

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument number-or-marker-p nil)
  debbugs-gnu-sort-id((((source . "unknown") (found_versions) (done) (blocks) (date . 1210044903) (fixed) (fixed_versions) (mergedwith) (found) (unarchived) (blockedby) (keywords) (summary) (msgid . "<[email-masked]>") (id . 192) (forwarded) (severity . "normal") (owner) (log_modified . 1262292396) (location . "db-h") (subject . "regexp does not work as documented") (originator . "Bruno Haible <[email-masked]>") (last_modified . 1262292396) (pending . "pending") (affects) (archived) (tags) (package "emacs") (fixed_date) (found_date) (bug_num . 192)) [#("  192" 0 5 (face default)) #("normal" 0 6 (face debbugs-gnu-stale)) #("Bruno Haible" 0 12 (face default)) #("regexp does not work as documented" 0 34 (face default))]) (nil nil))
  tabulated-list-print()
  debbugs-gnu-show-reports((push-button :args nil :value "1" :follow-link mouse-face :notify #[(widget &rest ignore) "\301!\207" [widget debbugs-gnu-show-reports] 2] :keymap (keymap (mouse-2 . widget-button-press) (13 . widget-button-press)) :suppress nil :buffer-name "*Emacs Bugs*<1>" :bug-ids (158 192 341 367 518 681 710 715 727 738 753 793 830 837 841 843 844 865 895 952 976 1012 1015 1092 1140 1148 1157 1254 1255 1292 1379 1452 1453 1578 1611 1647 1682 1742 1785 1795 1808 1819 1831 1902 1948 1983 2093 2099 2148 2153 ...) :query ((package . "emacs") (severity . "normal") (severity . "important") (severity . "serious")) :filter nil :help-echo "158-7974" :format " %[%v%]" :button-face widget-button-pressed :button-overlay #<overlay from 123 to 126 in *Emacs Bugs*<1>> :from #<marker (moves after insertion) at 122 in *Emacs Bugs*<1>> :to #<marker at 126 in *Emacs Bugs*<1>>))
  debbugs-gnu(("serious" "important" "normal") ("emacs") nil nil nil)
  funcall-interactively(debbugs-gnu ("serious" "important" "normal") ("emacs") nil nil nil)
  call-interactively(debbugs-gnu record nil)
  command-execute(debbugs-gnu record)
  execute-extended-command(nil "debbugs-gnu" "debbugs-gnu")
  funcall-interactively(execute-extended-command nil "debbugs-gnu" "debbugs-gnu")
  call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)
  command-execute(execute-extended-command)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

The second argument s2 of `debbugs-gnu-sort-id' is (nil nil), which
doesn't look like a valid sort item. Does `tabulated-list-print' calls the
sort function with possibly incorrect items? Or is there an incompatible
change? etc/NEWS mentions a change of `tabulated-list-print', but I don't
see how it is related to the problem.

Best regards, Michael.