Subject: Re: bug#20789: Invalid script or charset name: cuneiform-numbers-and-punctuation

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 19:27:49 +0300

> From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 02:52:48 -0400
> 
> Is there anything else in international/ that could benefit from being
> auto-generated?

Some.  Things I've spotted:

  . characters.el:

    . The modify-category-entry calls -- they basically can be derived
      from Blocks.txt

    . The modify-syntax-entry and set-case-syntax calls can be derived
      from the values of the 'general-category' property returned by
      'get-char-code-property', perhaps augmented by 'paired-bracket'
      and 'paired-type' properties

    . The set-case-syntax-pair calls (perhaps use the data in
      CaseFolding.txt, or even the case mapping information in
      UnicodeData.txt)

    . The setup of char-width-table -- I think the information is in
      EastAsianWidth.txt, with background information described in
      UAX#11 (http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr11/)

    . The setup of char-acronym-table: at least some of the data is in
      NameAliases.txt and NameList.txt

  . fontset.el:

    . The setup of script-representative-chars

  . mule-cmds.el:

    . The setting of locale-language-names -- the data is available in
      IANA's Language Subtag Registry
      (http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry/language-subtag-registry)
      and in ISO 639-2 (http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/,
      http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/php/English_list.php)
      
TIA

P.S. It would be good to add to somewhere (admin/make-tarball.txt?) a
reminder to fetch all those reference files and regenerate their
dependencies, before we prepare a release.