Subject: Re: bug#20782: 25.0.50; Emacs crashes when creating a file with emacs-template package w/o interactive call

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 18:04:59 +0300

> From: [email-masked] (Vincent Belaïche)
> Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 14:55:00 +0200
> Cc: Vincent Belaïche <[email-masked]>
> 
> I am using a fairly recent version of Emacs, but not the latest one. I
> was developping some macro in order to create a file from the row of a
> SES table based on some template. To that purpose I was using the
> emacs-template pacakge. Attached is a backtrace. It seems that the bug
> is reproducible for me, I have not yet tried with the -Q option.

If you can reproduce the crash, please start Emacs from GDB to begin
with.  That's because the backtrace you sent shows that the top-level
exception handler was called, which means the real locus of the
problem is not shown in the backtrace.  When Emacs is started from the
debugger, the debugger gets control before the top-level exception
handler, so you should be able to produce a much more informative
backtrace.

Please also show a recipe for reproducing the problem.

Thanks.