Subject: bug#20781: Xemacs 21.4.22 MaC OS Yosmite: (customize-option 'TeX-view-program-list) fails with error

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 10:47:41 +0200

Mosè Giordano <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Using Xemacs 21.4.22 mule on Mac OS Yosmite, I obtain the following
>> error when trying to run
>> (customize-option 'TeX-view-program-list) fails with error
>> However
>> (customize-option 'TeX-command-list)
>>
>> Works!!
>
> Why do you think this has something to do with AUCTeX?  I cannot see
> what we can do to fix this bug, which I cannot reproduce with GNU
> Emacs on GNU/Linux.  We have very few system dependent configurations,
> I guess a system dependent bug comes from somewhere else.

Uwe, you could try out the current Git version instead of 11.88.  In
11.88 the :type of `TeX-view-program-list' changed from (alist ...) to
(repeat (list ...)).  Maybe Xemacs 21.4.22 has a problem with the alist
type, who knows...

Another blind guess is that the value is already customized and doesn't
match the type anymore, and thus you get an error when the widgets are
created and tried to be filled with the current value.  So delete the
customization, restart, and try again.  Maybe that helps...

Bye,
Tassilo