Subject: bug#20778: Flush left indentation in c-mode

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2021 15:05:01 +0200

Bruce Korb <[email-masked]> writes:

> Here is a short program that went into this weirdo mode several times
> fairly quickly.  Adding #include directives might be involved, but
> maybe not.  Again, the same symptom: everything goes flush left until
> I close out and re-visit the file.  So, when you first visit the file,
> I am sure it will indent properly.  And just because you fiddle it, it
> doesn't mean it will stop indenting properly.  I do not know what the
> trigger mechanism is.  I just know it was much more frequent (several
> times in a few minutes).

(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately got no response at
the time.)

I tried reproducing this bug in Emacs 28, but I was unable to.  But as
you say, it may be difficult to trigger.

Are you still seeing this issue in recent Emacs versions?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no