Subject: Re: bug#20773: 11.88.6; Preview fails on nested \include{} using \documentclass{sigplanconf}

From: David Kastrup <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2015 16:17:30 +0200

Alex Rozenshteyn <[email-masked]> writes:

>> On Tue, Jun 9, 2015 at 10:10 AM, Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>>> David Kastrup <[email-masked]> writes:
>>>
>>> > It might be worth trying to put
>>> >
>>> > \newcount\errorcontextlines
>>> >
>>> > (making the original \errorcontextlines inaccessible) before
>>> > \documentclass in order to see whether this makes a difference.
>>>
>>> No, it doesn't make any difference although I didn't check the preview
>>> output line by line but at least I still get the two errors from above
>>> alternatingly.
>
> Made no difference to me either, though I'd have been rather surprised,
> since \documentclass is the first thing in the document.

Huh?  Both of you realize that I wrote

put "\newcount\errorcontextlines" *before* \documentclass ?

Why would it surprise you that this does not make a change "since
\documentclass is the first thing in the document"?  \documentclass _is_
suspected of causing the problem, and so the \newcount\errorcontextlines
would remove the possibility of \documentclass to mess with the setting
of the original \errorcontextlines.  For that, it has to come _before_
\documentclass.

-- 
David Kastrup